The Deuter Starlight EXP is the big brother to the Little Star. Same expandable design but in a longer length to keep up with your growing montainman/mountainwoman.
- This is a summer sleeping bag only due to the nature of Thermo-1-Layer. A great choice for warm summer nights, sleeping at huts or RVs or a special camp out over at Grandma and Grandpas!
- Deuter does not give temperature ratings for their kid's sleeping bag. The All Out Kids Gear recommendation for a comfortable temperature rating would be +5C to +10C.
- Remember to always use a good sleeping pad and warm and cozy non-cotton PJs always help! :)
Except for the warmest nights, our kids wear some form of base layer to wick moisture and keep them warm if they wiggle out. No cotton as it does not hold heat! Merino or a good synthetic base layer is best. If we expect a cold night we will bump it up to a fleece layer for added insulation.
We also allow a stuffy from home and/or a blanket. This gives a feeling of home and also takes up a bit of space to keep the bag warmer. If the bag is a bit long or wide stuff an extra blanket, jacket, or clothes to take up extra space.
The Big Agnes Sleeping bags DO NOT have insulation on the bottom where the sleeping bag connects with the sleeping pad! They are designed this way, a good sleeping pad on the bottom is needed for insulation! Like all sleeping bags, it is the sleeping pad that gives you the insulation. Insulation on the bottom side of sleeping bags tends to be compressed under your body weight and does not give you much insulation. Big Agnes has removed the bottom insulation to save weight and also allow more insulation on top where it is needed!
THIS ITEM SHIPS FOR FREE!
SORRY! THIS ITEM CAN ONLY BE SHIPPED TO A CANADIAN ADDRESS.
- 160cm -190cm x 68cm x 45cm
- User height 130cm - 170cm (fits up to 5'6")
- Expands 30cm
- Fill - High-Loft Hollowfibre
- Fill Weight 380g
- Thermo-1-Layer construction
- 2-way Centrally placed zipper
- Weight 1kg
- Pack size 18cm x 44cm