When you spend all winter planning family backpacking trips, the Osprey Ace 38 Litre pack may just be what you want your kids wearing. Many of the designs of adult packs are passed down to the Ace 38. One of the features is the award-winning LightWire frame and AIRSPEED™ SUSPENSION. A 4-inch adjustable harness system allows the pack to be fitted and adjusted just the way it needs to and allows for growth from year to year. An internal divider creates a sleeping bag compartment with external and removable sleeping pad straps.
PRO TIP: This fits our tall 8-year-old really well in the middle adjustment range, but be careful not to buy too big as it has to fit comfortably especially if using for backpacking trips.
Recommend carry weight is 15-20% of body weight! We have personally found closer to 15% or a quick estimate is their age converted to pounds, so a 10-year-old will probably be comfortable carry around 10 Lbs.
- Made for 5-11 years old
- Top load access to the main compartment
- Dual lower side compression straps
- Dual access fabric/mesh side pockets
- Large front panel fabric/mesh shove-it pocket
- Daisy chain for additional gear
- Lower zippered sleeping bag access
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Integrated removable rain cover
- Internal reservoir sleeve