A nice youth sleeping bag from The North Face. Keep snuggled up in the 100% recycled Eco insulation. The J-shaped zipper wraps around the bottom so the bag can open up or use it for venting. Integrated draft collar and zipper flap help seal out the cold.
- Maximum user height: 152 cm (5')
- Internal length: 165 cm (65")
- Temperature Rating: 20°F / -7°C
- Comfort: 30°F / -1°C
- Weight: 3 Lbs 14 Oz (1353g)
- Stuffed Volume: 9" X 16" (23 Cm X 41 Cm)
- Fully recycled materials feature embossed lining for enhanced aesthetic appeal
- 100% recycled synthetic insulation provides warmth even when wet
- Extended width in knees for maximum comfort and mobility
- Wraparound J-zip allows for increased mobility and venting
- Fitted hood for warmth and comfort
- Draft collar for comfort and preventing heat loss
- Hood cinch-cord for warmth
- Internal phone/watch pocket
- Vaulted footbox
- Tie-down loops for securing the bag to a sleeping pad
Except for the warmest nights, our kids wear some form of a base layer to wick moisture and keep them warm if they wiggle out. No cotton as it does not hold heat! Merino or a good synthetic base layer is best. If we expect a cold night we will bump it up to a fleece layer for added insulation.
We also allow a stuffy from home and/or a blanket. This gives a feeling of home and also takes up a bit of space to keep the bag warmer. If the bag is a bit longer or wide stuff an extra blanket, jacket, or clothes to take up extra space.
Sleeping bags are designed to have a good sleeping pad on the bottom for insulation! Like all sleeping bags, it is the sleeping pad that gives you most of the insulation.